Nationwide Power Sells and Services UPS Batteries From All Major Manufacturers
UPS Batteries are the most critical component to any UPS system, and require regularly scheduled maintenance and replacement. The last thing you want in a power outage is to realize your UPS batteries haven’t been inspected or replaced in years, causing your critical power supply to fail. Remember, all it takes is one weak or bad battery to render an entire string bad.
At Nationwide Power, we have access to all major manufacturers for UPS batteries. Because we service thousands of clients across the United States, our national buying power provides economies of scale that we pass on to you, our customer. Every battery purchase with Nationwide Power comes with professional installation, maintenance, removal and proper recycling of UPS batteries.
All UPS Battery Sales Include Installation of New UPS Batteries and Removal and Disposal of Old UPS Batteries
- Disconnect and remove each bad/old battery
- Inspect and clean connections as needed
- Test each new battery prior to installing
- Install and torque each connection per OEM specifications
- Verify correct string voltage
- Document readings
- Prep bad/old batteries for disposal/recycling
- Transport old batteries from site to regional recycler *
* Regional recyclers collect trailer loads of batteries which are then delivered to one of six North American smelters
UPS Battery F.A.Q’s from our Professionals
Which UPS battery manufacturer provides the highest quality battery at the lowest price?
Why do UPS batteries need to be inspected? They either work or they don’t.
How often do my UPS batteries need to be replaced?
- Room temperature. Warmer rooms degrade battery life. The ideal temperature is 74 degrees.
- Power quality. If the power at your site is poor and the UPS runs on batteries often, the more frequent cycling onto batteries reduces the overall life of the batteries.
- Regular maintenance. Having regularly scheduled battery maintenance can prevent a bad situation from getting worse. Terminal corrosion, one weak battery, a poor connection can all reduce the overall health of a battery string and can all be prevented with regular maintenance intervals.
- Battery quality. There are hundreds of battery manufacturers and not all batteries are created equal. Nationwide Power has been a CSB Battery Distributor since 2003 and we lead with CSB because the quality and reliability of their batteries is the best value over the life of the batteries. Very few defects to maximize uptime and minimize call backs and the associated costs to our customers.
My batteries have a 10 year design life, so why do I have to replace them every 3-5 years?
Tell me more about “Maintenance Free” batteries.
Put our F.A.Q.s to the test; check out our UPS Battery case studies
Look what our CPP™ found on a not-so-routine UPS-battery-install-for-Mitsubishi-UPS-2033D-30kVA
Case Study Product APC Symmetra PX Application Datacenter Synopsis Client found the alarms / condition of unit as: UPS in bypass. Preliminary Actions Upon arrival, found UPS in Bypass Mode. Resolution Recommending replacement of all batteries in order to provide...
Case Study Product “Maintenance-Free” VRLA Batteries Application Business Electrical Room Synopsis Customer had called for a trouble-shoot and possible shut-down of the UPS Preliminary Actions The Nationwide Power engineer was on-site to trouble-shoot a UPS unit that...
Case Study Product VRLA Batteries Application Medical Facility Data Center Synopsis Some maintenance-free, rechargeable sealed Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) UPS batteries can experience Thermal Runaway conditions. Higher ambient temperatures, high charge/re-charge...
Our Job Isn't Done Until Our Clients Are Happy
"I have worked with Nationwide Power at other locations, and I have never had someone as wonderful as Carl come out to complete our work orders or preventive maintenance inspections. Very professional, knowledgeable of our operation, and very kind. Thank you, Carl. I look forward to working with you again soon."
- Kimberly B
"Todd was very friendly, professional, and took the time to explain the bypass process."
- Rhonda S
"Marcus is one of the best techs I have seen. He makes you feel good about your UPS and makes you comfortable."
- Douglas J
"Very professional. Based on this visit, I will be putting additional UPS units under contract with Nationwide Power."
- Daniel F