Nationwide Power Sells and Services UPS Batteries From All Major Manufacturers
UPS Batteries are the most critical component to any UPS system, and require regularly scheduled maintenance and replacement. The last thing you want in a power outage is to realize your UPS batteries haven’t been inspected or replaced in years, causing your critical power supply to fail. Remember, all it takes is one weak or bad battery to render an entire string bad.
At Nationwide Power, we have access to all major manufacturers for UPS batteries. Because we service thousands of clients across the United States, our national buying power provides economies of scale that we pass on to you, our customer. Every battery purchase with Nationwide Power comes with professional installation, maintenance, removal and proper recycling of UPS batteries.
All UPS Battery Sales Include Installation of New UPS Batteries and Removal and Disposal of Old UPS Batteries
- Disconnect and remove each bad/old battery
- Inspect and clean connections as needed
- Test each new battery prior to installing
- Install and torque each connection per OEM specifications
- Verify correct string voltage
- Document readings
- Prep bad/old batteries for disposal/recycling
- Transport old batteries from site to regional recycler *
* Regional recyclers collect trailer loads of batteries which are then delivered to one of six North American smelters
UPS Battery F.A.Q’s from our Professionals
Which UPS battery manufacturer provides the highest quality battery at the lowest price?
Knowing how important your UPS battery is to your UPS system, we get this question regularly. At Nationwide Power, we offer competitive pricing for all UPS battery manufacturers, but we would be lying if we told you all UPS batteries are made equally. Without doubt, CSB is our go-to UPS battery manufacturer for the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) over the life of the battery.
Why do UPS batteries need to be inspected? They either work or they don’t.
Even during a regularly scheduled maintenance inspection a battery can test ok. However, if a small load is applied during the battery inspection, those battery jars that are breaking down and/or are weak internally will show that weakness upon the small load being applied. For this very reason, Nationwide Power’s critical power professionals all are equipped with battery load testers which are used during our battery inspections.
How often do my UPS batteries need to be replaced?
This is a very common question and the answer is not a simple one. In general, VRLA batteries have a 3-5 year useful service life. What could impact this is:
- Room temperature. Warmer rooms degrade battery life. The ideal temperature is 74 degrees.
- Power quality. If the power at your site is poor and the UPS runs on batteries often, the more frequent cycling onto batteries reduces the overall life of the batteries.
- Regular maintenance. Having regularly scheduled battery maintenance can prevent a bad situation from getting worse. Terminal corrosion, one weak battery, a poor connection can all reduce the overall health of a battery string and can all be prevented with regular maintenance intervals.
- Battery quality. There are hundreds of battery manufacturers and not all batteries are created equal. Nationwide Power has been a CSB Battery Distributor since 2003 and we lead with CSB because the quality and reliability of their batteries is the best value over the life of the batteries. Very few defects to maximize uptime and minimize call backs and the associated costs to our customers.
My batteries have a 10 year design life, so why do I have to replace them every 3-5 years?
The 10 year design life is based upon all variables being perfect (temperature, minimal load applied) and the battery pretty much sitting on a shelf getting periodically recharged. The 3-5 year recommended replacement is more accurate in that this is the service life of the battery in actual day to day use.
Tell me more about “Maintenance Free” batteries.
The description has mislead so many people over the years. By maintenance free VRLA, the true meaning is that the Valve-Regulated Lead Acid batteries are sealed do not require refilling with water like batteries use to require years ago.
Put our F.A.Q.s to the test; check out our UPS Battery case studies
Look what our CPP™ found on a not-so-routine UPS-battery-install-for-Mitsubishi-UPS-2033D-30kVA
Case Study Product APC Symmetra PX Application Datacenter Synopsis Client found the alarms / condition of unit as: UPS in bypass. Preliminary Actions Upon arrival, found UPS in Bypass Mode. Resolution Recommending replacement of all batteries in order to provide...
Case Study Product “Maintenance-Free” VRLA Batteries Application Business Electrical Room Synopsis Customer had called for a trouble-shoot and possible shut-down of the UPS Preliminary Actions The Nationwide Power engineer was on-site to trouble-shoot a UPS unit that...
Case Study Product VRLA Batteries Application Medical Facility Data Center Synopsis Some maintenance-free, rechargeable sealed Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) UPS batteries can experience Thermal Runaway conditions. Higher ambient temperatures, high charge/re-charge...
Our Job Isn't Done Until Our Clients Are Happy
"For me and this site, the work that Nationwide Power performs is excellent. Visits are scheduled at convenient times. Once scheduled, they are rarely rescheduled, and if so, for very legitimate reasons. The F.A.S.T. reports that follow are easy to read and understand. These reports are really concise and tell me everything I need to know about what was done and recommendations are noted for the future. I appreciate your attention to detail and your professional and highly trained staff."
- Kathi A
"I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Brian over the years. He is a genuine person who also knows his craft."
- Ryan B
"The County was pleased with the service it received from Nationwide Power last year and looks forward to another year of working with you."
- Patrick M
"We are very grateful to Nationwide Power for their excellent customer service and follow-up. We whole-heartedly recommend them!"
- Ginger B