Critical Power Professional™ | Raising the bar in critical power education
At Nationwide Power, we take training and continuing education very seriously. In fact, we consider our rigorous curriculum to be one of the key components that sets Nationwide Power apart from the sea of alternative UPS service providers in the market. Our commitment is so strong, that we have created and established the industry-leading credentialing and career program – Critical Power Professionals™ (CPP™).
The Critical Power Professional™ is a nationally trademarked credential program that demonstrates a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge base of Uninterruptible Power Supply systems, including all major manufacturers and supporting gear.
The CPP™ program has been structured around the following core competencies:
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems / Electrical / Communications
- NFPA / Electrical Safety
- UPS Batteries
- Critical Infrastructure / Security
- Environmental Conditions
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- OSHA Training
Additionally, CPP™ candidates must also study and demonstrate familiarization with the following:
- IEEE Std 450-1995: Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing, and Replacement of Vented Lead-Acid Batteries for Stationary Applications
- IEEE Std 1188-2005: Replacement of Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA) Batteries for Stationary Applications.
- National Electric Code
While our team at Nationwide Power employs all the training platforms that are familiar to the critical power industry, largely consisting of on-the-job training and virtual training seminars, we raise the bar just a little higher. In 2013, when moving into our larger corporate offices and warehouse in Henderson, NV, a sophisticated training center and state-of-the-art testing and repair lab were at the top of the criteria list. Our current location offers just that:
- Hands-on training with all major UPS makes and models
- Quarterly model-specific training classes
- Live simulation with common UPS failures and forced load loss
- Access to over 200 UPS units for testing and training purposes including legacy models
- Four (4) teaching bays all with 120/208/480 power
While we wish we could round up our national Field Engineer Team for a critical power training conference, our 24/7/365 support schedule just won’t allow that. Instead, we host mini seminars throughout the year where we gather a dozen or so Field Engineers at a time, leaving our customers and remaining engineers in the field fully supported.
Need Preventive Maintenance?
News Article In the spirit of National Recycling Day, Nationwide Power is ready to chime in on the lithium-ion vs sealed lead-acid battery debate. New technology is often a great thing, leading to cleaner, safer, more cost effective, and more efficient ways of...
News Article As an annual tradition, the teams at Nationwide Power and Hitachi - CSB get into the Halloween spirit with a friendly little competition. 🎃 🤡 👻 Both companies submit their themed or individual contest pictures to each other where a panel of judges...
Case Study Nationwide Power™ is the leading provider in the critical power supply industry. Our core business is the sales and service of uninterruptible power supplies and UPS batteries, along with supporting other critical power components such as emergency...