Why Size Matters
The industry of uninterruptible power supply is an interesting one. Over the years, we have seen UPS service providers make claims that become challenging for them to fulfill due to being beyond their current infrastructure.
When comparing quotes from multiple UPS service providers, it is important to do your homework and not take the quote at face value. Awarding a contract based on price alone is often much more costly in the long run, and here is why:
Every Nationwide Power contract comes with:
- The most experienced and diverse Field Engineer team in the industry. 
- Our commitment and track record of extending the lifespan of legacy equipment well past the OEM end-of-life.
- Access to over $10 million in parts and inventory in a 57,000 square foot climate-controlled warehouse. We have the ability to send in-stock parts same day and get your unit up and running right away.
- When the time comes to replace batteries or equipment, our volume discounts are passed down to our contracted customers. Additionally, you will have access to refurbished and surplus equipment
How does this compare to the other guys? We said we have seen some interesting things over the years. Here are a few examples:
- Outside storage of UPS equipment and parts inventory. It would be very upsetting to receive a refurbished unit or replacement parts that have weathered multiple seasons.
- Claims to have access to parts inventory or refurbished equipment, but the corporate office and warehouse are located on the 52nd floor of a downtown building. Logistically, this would be a near impossible setup.
- Claims to have a national footprint, but the corporate office is a small home apartment.
How do they get away with it?
This scenario happens because some customers are focused on price alone, and forget to truly pre-qualify their UPS service provider.
True statement: we receive calls from these ”service providers” regularly, as they are looking to purchase parts from Nationwide Power or sub-contract our labor in an effort to service their clients.
Protect your critical power assets. A little groundwork to pre-qualify providers can go a long way.
Can you tell which warehouse belongs to Nationwide Power?
The answer is: A! Believe it or not, B and C are satellite images of two of our closest competitors.
In conclusion, the next time you receive multiple quotes, do a little homework first to make sure you are truly getting the best deal. Here is your guide to finding the best UPS Service Provider.
 Average experience: 22.5 years as of 10/29/2018 with an average 8+ years of direct OEM experience.
Need Preventive Maintenance?
News Article It is with great pride to announce that our team at Nationwide Power celebrates our 18th year in business! Over the years, we have grown to have the largest national footprint among UPS service providers, and we have built our business on one key...
News Article It was recently announced that certain EnerSys and Exide GNB UPS battery models have been discontinued and product availability is quickly depleting or no longer exists. The following UPS batteries are included in this list:Discontinued...
In this Nationwide Power Case Study, we are highlighting a technical support call for a 16kVA APC Symmetra LX RM UPS for bad battery modules.